Goodyear Redevelopment – Akron, OH
The first Goodyear factory opened in Akron, Ohio in 1898. The thirteen original employees manufactured bicycle and carriage tires, rubber horseshoe pads and poker chips. The company grew with the advent of the automobile for creation, testing and manufacturing in 1911 and were operational 24 hours a day. The portions that were built accumulated to 5 million square feet and over 300 acres.
Construction of the new 700,000 SF Goodyear World and North American Headquarters has been completed in the first quarter of 2013, at which time they vacated 1.8 million SF that is slated for redevelopment.
The future plan for the original Goodyear Headquarters and Goodyear Hall is to create a live, work, play environment. The primary use will be office space, including several Summit County public agencies and other large office users from NE Ohio, as well as space for small to medium size users from throughout the region. The mixed use plans include renovations for multi family residential, retail, restaurants, and a hospitality component.
Lockheed Martin – Akron, OH
The building was originally constructed in the 1920’s for Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin traces its roots back to the early days of flight. The future site plans include continuing conversion of a single tenant space into a multi-tenant space for continued manufacturing use. The asset continues to be a source of job creation, tax generation, and stimulus within the community.
Hoover District – North Canton, OH
The former Hoover world headquarters and manufacturing plant located in North Canton, OH, opened in 1908. In 2008, the 618,550 square foot facility was purchased vacant and the Hoover District is rapidly being re-developed into a mixed use economic center that will draw attention and economic development from the entire region. The finished District will contain a robust, high-profile mix of office, light manufacturing, retail, restaurant, cultural and loft residential spaces creating a truly modern metropolitan life center in the very heart of North Canton.